I am a certified hypnotherapist with almost 40 years experience
My background in hypnotherapy
My first experience with hypnosis while working as a psychologist. I certified in Clinical Hypnosis, with 40 years of experience. During my first year working as a Registered Psychologist at an Auckland Hospital, I was referred a young anorexic lady who must have been only a few months away from dying as a result of her severe condition.
As a psychologist I thought that there is nothing in my training that is going to help this young lady – her condition is critical.
Having just researched Hypnosis while completing my Master’s Degree in Psychology I decided to give hypnosis a try. Fortunately, she responded to hypnosis and I was able to put the brakes on her rapidly deteriorating condition. From there, I was able to use a combination of Hypnosis and Cognitive – Behavioural strategies to help her overcome the disorder.
What is hypnosis?
Simply put, hypnosis is a state of highly focused attention or concentration, often associated with relaxation, and heightened suggestibility. While under hypnosis (i.e., in a hypnotic trance), it seems many people are much more open to helpful suggestions than they usually are.
What can it help with?
- Overcome phobias, fears and anxiety
- Stop smoking
- Weight loss
- Improve self-esteem & gain confidence
- Stop bad habits & behaviours
- Reduce & manage stress
- End procrastination & be motivated
- Succeed in public speaking
- Overcome blushing
- Some issues relating to skin disorder
- Manage physical pain
- and much more…
You be the judge: Book your free 30-minute consultation
Important Facts should you know before choosing a hypnotherapist.
Remember – Knowledge is the number 1 key to success. Don’t buy into, or be influenced by fancy looking website or persons that make all sorts of fanciful claims. This is your life – your health – your money. Would you buy a car or a house without through investigation?
Please consider each of the following
- The majority of people I see in my practice that have been elsewhere report that they did not feel hypnotised – just relaxed. The simple fact is that they are correct. However hypnosis and relaxation are not the same.
- Give yourself the best chance to experience hypnosis – experience the techniques that I have developed over my 35 year career that will significantly increase your likelihood of success.
- Who can practice Hypnosis or call themselves a hypnotherapist? The simple answer is anyone, even you. How scary is that?
- Do they need to have any formal training or qualifications? NO.
- What about Registration of Hypnotherapists? And, should I only seek the services of someone who is registered? Not at all.
If you have any question relating to the issue of registration or any of the issues raised on this page, please feel free to contact me personally.
I feel like I am now the one in control. I am going to spend the rest of my life actually living and enjoying it.
I can’t stop talking to others about the program and have already referred several people to Martin.
Incredibly insightful, it has armed me with ultimately very simple tools to tackle pretty much anything.
Empowered with this knowledge we are moving forward to a brighter, stronger future.
I highly recommend the Mind Easy programme. I felt more in control and at ease with myself.